Thursday, September 15, 2011

Baby fever

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT pregnant, and have no intention of becoming pregnant any time in the foreseeable future (sorry, mom - lol). 

However, a close friend of mine had a baby boy two days ago (all natural - go her!!), and I am seriously already in love with him and haven't even met him yet (going this afternoon - yeehaw!).  I am also loving everything miniature for babies.  Don't get me wrong.  I DO NOT love kitchy baby junk!  But what I do love are totally chic baby outfits that look like mini-versions of what adults wear.  Like so...



NO fake "t-shirt ties" coming from this girl!!


Nice, right?  Love that last kid's shoes.  L-O-V-E, love them. 

I can't wait till the little booger is old enough for me to buy him all kids of mini-adult clothing, but right now he's only two days old (hold your horses, April!), and probably lives in a onesie.  I think a gift of these is definitely in his immediate future, though...


This guarantee's that I get to see him at least once a month with a camera in hand =)  I adore the photo collages of babies in numbered onesies - it's such a cool way to document their first year or so!

And as usual, I've found a DIY project (actually, this is sold here on Etsy, but I think I can make it myself) to welcome him into the world...


A DIY 12x12 canvas with birth stats - dream project!  Here's the breakdown...

DIY project + numbers and stats (math teacher, here!) + cute baby + PAINT = love love love

I'm pretty stoked to get started on this tomorrow...  Hope to show you some progress over the weekend!  For all you mom's out there, what did you want to receive right after you had your first baby (besides a good 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep)?  I want to get something for mommy too, of course!  I'd love your input!  Have a very happy Thursday, friends - I know I will!

2 comments:

  1. There is definitely a lot of baby/youngin' stuff that has my heart. I love that boy with the long hair in suspenders!!! SO freaking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making one of those signs for Christmas! Love it! Newest follower :) enjoying this blog !
    http://thebees3.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete