Wednesday, September 14, 2011

San Diego Labor Day Getaway

Last weekend, everyone around here was in need of some cooler weather.  So, Eric and I packed up ourselves, three friends, and Ted, jammed everyone into our compact car, and drove 6 hours across the desert to....


California!  Specifically, lovely San Diego - which plays home to my aunt, uncle, cousin, and their doggie (one of Teddy's BFFs), Luna...


We ate at George's Rooftop Bistro in La Jolla...



...Where we SWEAR we saw Buster from Arrested Development - but were too classy chicken to take a picture.

Visited Bates Nut Farm in Valley Center, where my family lives, and happened upon an AKC dog show....


And Eric took a touristy picture in an outhouse...


We enjoyed the FANTASTIC view from my aunt and uncle's back porch (can you believe this is RIGHT outside San Diego?!)...


And watched the doggies "frenzy" around the yard...



We (and by "we" I mean "the girls only") did some shopping wishful thinking in the amazing boutiques...

Oh hey gorgeous - jump in my car!  It's not like its crowded with 5 of us and a dog...

*swoon!*

Check out those hand-carved birds!!


I wanted EVERYTYHING in this store - this is just the front window!  I did buy two little treasures that I'll share soon =)

We visited Stone Brewery in Escondido for our friend's birthday - I LOVE this place...


Beer Sampler - mmmmmmm...

Friends and family...

Sausage appetizer - surprisingly good!

Justin got a beer float for his birthday... It was DELICIOUS!

The restaurant even has extensive gardens (for walking off all that food!)...


And of course, we did some beach bumming in PB...




We had such a relaxing time...  I hope these photos lift your midweek spirits - I'm reliving our beach getaway right now - where are you jetting off to next?  Hope you're having a happy Wednesday, friends!



1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun trip!! I always love when the dog can go.

    Our next trip is to the Keys..but not until April. Boo.

    ReplyDelete