- Finish digging out pool - This is in progress, it's back breaking work!! I'm too cheap to rent the right tools, but boy are we getting a great work out swinging those sledgehammers =)
- Add pictures to frames - Nope. Most of the picture frames in our home (and there are many) still have weirdo generic art in them. Ugh. It's so hard to decide which photos to print!
- Declutter bedroom - It's been done a few times, but it just seems to keep piling up. We have a friend who lives with us and so we essentially only have a one bedroom home with no office. Thus the paper monster is intense around here. That's one of my goals for this year... More to come on that later =)
- Buy cushions for dining chairs - IKEA, baby! They're not the most attractive, but at least our butts aren't sore anymore.
- Install vent in guest bath - This still isn't done, but hasn't proven to really be a problem. Perhaps I should outsource this one to Eric. Cutting holes in the ceiling sounds like something he'd love.
- Replace and paint pantry doors - This isn't done either (I'm not looking good here, am I??). But I've begun pricing it out and gathering ideas, which is more than I had done before.
- Buy new dishwasher - This is a big investment, hopefully it'll happen some day!
- Buy new refrigerator - Another big investment, but I want this one more than the dishwasher.
- Sew pillows - DONE! If you missed it, check here, and here
- Add trim to curtains - I decided against this one. I like the curtains to hang out in the background (See what I did there?? "Hang" out?), rather than compete for the center of attention.
- Hem curtains - Done! Check out the journey here and here.
- Hang curtain rods - Also done! See the above curtain links =)
- Spray paint wall sconces - I did this... and hated it. I'm hoping to choose a better color as part of another upcoming project *get excited!*
- Paint pantry - done (twice, hee hee!) read about it here.
- Paint laundry room - I'm being indecisive about this one. I may want to stencil one wall - but that sounds hard... so maybe not ;)
- Remove popcorn ceiling - we're doing it! Only 2 more rooms and hundreds of hours (ugh) left. Read more here.
- Paint living room - indecisive here too. I have some colors in mind, but I also don't want to do anything until the ceilings are completed, as it would just ruin the paint job.
- Paint family room and hall - these are the same color as the living room and I have the same reservations =(
It looks from this list like I haven't done much, but this post begs to differ! The first big project I hope to conquer is our pantry doors, but you know how inspiration goes... Perhaps I'll find myself engrossed in a different project =) For now here's some inspiration I'm gathering for my pantry doors...
Gorgeous, right? I think I can make the whole thing happen for under $70 - stay tuned! Happy Thursday, friends!