Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday Oops

First of all, thank you all for the love on my feature yesterday at Decor and the Dog.  I was honored to be a part of Michelle's favorite project series!  And since i've been a bit on a project roll, I decided to tackle painting the pantry last night!  This was my inspiration picture via Pinterest....


 Gorgeous right?  And mine turned out.... TERRIBLY.  Oh my goodness, sometimes you make a choice that is the absolute WRONG one.  And this was one of these.  The color is waaaaaay too intense for my small space.  And consequently I'm feeling turned off o the whole "yellow" thing altogether.  Ugh.  I'm trying to fix it (i.e. prime and start over), and we'll see what comes of it.  Anyone else ever make exactly the wrong choice when it comes to decorating?  Please share so I don't feel like such a doof!  Not to mention this means my whole pantry is scattered throughout my kitchen and driving me batty.  The price I'm willing to pay for a cute house, I tell ya! ;p

At any rate, I took a nap yesterday (I'm on summer break - be jealous!) and when I opened my eyes, this is what I saw...


Holy cuteness attack!  What a face - why he loves to have his head on a pillow like a human, I'll never know, but it makes for cheerful wake ups!  Sorry for the bad pic quality, but I had to capture it with my phone so as to not miss the moment.  Here he is again, just because I'm melting of cuteness and I wanted to share...


What a doll.  It looks like he was enjoying the heck out of that nap!

What are you up to this weekend?  I'm going to be fixing the mess that is my kitchen/pantry.  And I'm thinking of going a nice neutral cream color - safe, but it won't burn my corneas, so that's a plus.  And don't worry, I'll document the whole thing on Monday (and yes, I did get pictures of the yucky color, I'm just holding you in suspense, muahaha!).  Have an absolutely wonderful weekend, friends, and happy Friday! 

5 comments:

  1. You have an absolutely adorable dog. Can I borrow him? ;) And I make mistakes ALL the time. I try to laugh about it, though, because usually it's completely heinous...it sorta helps me not feel so cranky about having to do it all over again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, that is precious!

    And yes, the rest of us have made PLENTY of mistakes. Like the time I thought I had selected a nice merlot-y shade of red that turned out to be fuschia... It made it onto half a wall before I gave up pretending it would dry nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are doing the SAME thing with our laundry room... which happens to be situated in the kitchen!? We are transforming it to a pantry. I love yours! Im saving this pic as inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spent part of the weekend redoing my project gone bad - it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. im so happy to have found your blog! i love your lazy susan idea!!! com check us out!
    www.moddybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete