Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I'm addicted

Even while I'm furiously trying to prepare for a vacation (read: up packing at 3AM the night before), I could not resist being sucked in by another DIY project.  I don't know about you, but when I get inspired, all I want to do is see my ideas come to fruition.  I can't be bothered with things like dishes, dusting, or eating (ok, maybe I can be spare time for a snack... or two) - but I'm woman on a MISSION!

A few days ago, I was continuing to clear clutter out of our house.  And seriously, how did we accumulate so much JUNK in only 2 years of marriage?  And I can't STAND living in clutter, so I've been waging a full on war against it for the past 2 weeks.  I was debating whether or not to keep this little gem...


For those of you who don't know, this is a Lazy Susan - a spinning platter for your tabletop.  Aren't you glad you weren't the infamous Susan?  SO LAZY they named an accessory after you!  Anyway, I like having one on my table, it's really convenient.  But I'm sure you can tell that my tabletop is black, and the Lazy Susan is.... not black, nor does it really even go with black.  I also liked the idea of what it could be, and wasn't ready to part with my $7 IKEA piece just yet.

Then, a few inches away on my messy tabletop I saw something - my good friend, painter's tape.  Which led me here...


You might be thinking Charlie Brown, but I'm thinking chic tabletop accessory!  I started it in lieu of packing, hence the late bedtime the night before we left.  I'm not quite finished with it yet, so I'll have to keep you hanging until next week, but you're going to LOVE IT.  I know I do so far!  I hope all of you enjoyed yesterday immensely - hopefully not too many headaches this morning ;)  Have a very happy Tuesday, friends!

1 comment: