Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Things I love: Gallery Walls (and my 100th post!)

After just starting my first gallery wall in my reading nook (There are not pictures in the frames, and it's looking a little naked, I'm not done yet!!)...



...I have discovered I am in LOVE with them!  I've been oogling pictures of gallery walls for inspiration and see if you love these as much as I do...

via Belated Domino
Gallery walls are the perfect solution for the otherwise useless walls along stairways.  The mixed frames and textures in this one provide an eclectic feel - they look cobbled together, but their organization and spacing doesn't make it feel cluttered. 

via Pottery Barn
The combination of dark wood and white frames feels pulled together in a way that makes it look super expensive.  But the layering and texture provides a a rich feel without needing rich materials.  And with such a beautiful wall, you would need beautiful lighting.  I'll be looking for some track lighting soon (florescent kitchen lights are coming out!!  Wahoo!!), and this looks amazing.  Of course, does Pottery Barn do anything that isn't amazing?? *sigh*


via Made By Girl
The vintage frames and classic art in this gallery wall make it appropriate for any room.  I also love the mixture of oval and rectangular frames.  Plus the teeny tiny frames are adorbs!  I must get some.

via Young House Love
Check out this entire hallway turned gallery wall!  The Petersiks over at Young House Love are GENIUSES!!  For more pics of their awesome hallway go here and oogle them for a while.  You won't regret it.

How do you feel about gallery walls?  I want to do a gallery wall in my hallway, but it's very narrow and I'm afraid it'll feel cramped?  Aaaaand, problem number one: the hubs isn't crazy about them.  He says they look too cluttered (Psh!  As if!).  Him being a lifelong student of fine art, I understand his attachment to classic "art placement," but my walls, they wanna have fuuu-uuun, oh, my walls just wanna haaaaaave fun...

Do you have a gallery wall?  Want one?  Planning one?  Please share!  Happy Wednesday, friends!

P.S. Today is my 100th post! =)  It's been a fun (almost) year of blogging.  It's opened up so many new opportunities for me, and I've been so blessed by the people I've met and relationships I've developed through this process.  I'm gonna be around for a while, so I hope you'll stick around too (maybe invite some friends?), and we'll go on an adventure to see where we end up after the next 100 posts! Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the idea of eclectic gallery walls, especially in hallways and office rooms.

    Happy 100th post!

    ReplyDelete