Friday, June 24, 2011

The easiest Salmon recipe ever

We are less than 12 hours away from finishing the ceilings!  Only one coat of paint in one room left!  I've officially gotten my main living areas back, and they'll be cleaned shortly *sigh of relief* Monday is the day I'll share the whole process - buckle up. 

Last night, the house was at the height of it's craziness and I think since I couldn't clean, my other domestic instincts kicked into overdrive.  I decided it was time to make baked salmon for dinner. I really don't like salmon, but Eric LOVES it, and I can stand it once in a while.  I knew I wanted to use Dijon mustard as a flavoring, and I knew I wanted it nice and crispy, so I compiled some ingredients because my computer charger was lost in the crazy that was my living room (normally I'd just Google a recipe because I'm creative like that). 

Salt & Pepper
12oz salmon fillet
2 tablespoons of butter (I used 3 and it was too much)
3 tablespoons Italian bread crumbs
Dijon mustard
shallow pan covered in foil (for easy clean up)

1) Preheat oven to 400

2) Place salmon, skin side down, on the foil.  Spread a thin layer of Dijon mustard over the entire fillet.

3) Season the fillet with salt and pepper

4) Sprinkle fillet with bread crumbs

5) Drizzle with melted butter

6) Pop that fishy into the over for about 15 minutes or until it cuts easily with a fork (rule for all fish).

7) Serve!

And here's my little table setup.  Obviously I served it with a nice white wine, a gorgeous salad with veggies I grew organically myself, and homemade bread.  SIKE!!  (<- I am single-handedly bringing this word back, people!) Who do you think I am??  I served almost stale bread crostini (waste not, want not!), and baby carrots.  Because that's what I had.  And we had red wine.  Because we like it better.  So there.

And yes, we are both eating at the butt-end of the table because the rest is covered in supplies.  I bet you can catch a glimpse of my little ceramic elephant, some painting supplies, and an oven mit.  Yep, it's how we roll. 

Give this recipe a try - it couldn't be easier, and the prep is seriously 5 minutes.  And even I, who dislike salmon, found it pretty enjoyable.  With that, I've got to go paint a ceiling.  Have an amazing Friday, friends!  The weekend is here!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! Sounds good. It's just too bad I can never make that- because Luke HATES mustard. I broil my salmon with chili-garlic sauce mixed with marmalade. Pretty darn easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quinn hates seafood... haha... "worst Asian ever"

    ReplyDelete