Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bathroom inspiration

I had hoped to bring you the final "afters" of the pillows I'm working on (go here to see the amazing fabrics I picked up at a STEAL!) either today or tomorrow, but I'm not sure that will be happening... I went yesterday to have a lunch date with my sweet friend Rachel (who is 33 weeks pregnant with twin boys - see the gifts I made for her kiddos here).  When I arrived at her house she was in the process of being told by her doctor to go to the hospital, so... that's just what we did!  I'm going to visit her today with a giant load of girly magazines, and not People, or US Weekly, more like House Beautiful, Better Homes and Gardens, House and Home, etc.  Rachel is a design nerd just like me!  Hopefully her little ones will incubate a bit longer, just to be safe.

I will give you a little insight into my newest project (hopefully!): our master bath.  It currently looks like this:











Yep.  White.  Everywhere (no, I didn't forget to upload the picture - it's just THAT bland).  Now don't get me wrong - I LOVE white bathrooms, but everything in our bathroom is white.  Completely white.  The cabinets, fixtures, counter tops, tile, and even the toilet paper (hee hee hee).  I want to add some color, but I don't know where to do it.  I don't necessarily want to paint the walls, because white is just SO clean looking.  I also want to keep the white towels because they're PERFECT for bleaching.  So... what to do?  I'm thinking of a glass tile accent wall?  Maybe a nice colorful rug/wall art?  I'm not sure yet, but I can tell you one thing: my budget is about $5.  Maybe not THAT low, but low, at any rate.  Here are some photos providing me inspiration currently:
This bold color is DRAMATIC.  I absolutely love green, it's my favorite color, hands down.  But I'm not sure how it would work for me, as we have no window in our bathroom, but I also really love the botanical prints behind the potty.  I think I'd pass on the antlers though.  They're more of a family room thing for me.

 Now this is much more "do-able" in our bathroom.  That copper cistern is AMAZING - but I wouldn't relish shining it once a year.  I also love the shelves above the tub.  Also, can I have that penguin statue? Please and thankyouverymuch.

This is just too gorgeous.  I love the tumbled stone on the floor, and the beadboard, and the anthropologie-like mirror.  *Sigh*  This is white done right: accented with cream, beige, and different textures.  If I had the budget, I would absolutely COPY this room.  Maybe I can re-create some of this on a budget?  I'm definitely loving the wall hooks, and the wire toilet paper basket - now, those I could do!

Do you have any Do's and Dont's suggestions for bathrooms?  Anything you've tried and loved/hated?  Let me know!  Happy Wednesday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment